Just a few details on how to upgrade your old passport if you’re a Nigerian and get the new Nigerian passport.
About the New Nigerian Passport
The Enhanced E-Passport is part of the new reforms approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is a product of intensive review of the existing e-passport booklet which has been in circulation for over 10 years and has only 5-year validity.
Features and benefits of the New Passport [Enhanced E-Passport]
- Introduction of a new security enhanced passport;
- Polycarbonate technology that enhances the quality of the passport;
- Ten year validity booklet that saves frequent visit to passport offices;
- Automation of issuance process to bring about transparency and address touting / middlemen;
- Strictly online payment based;
- Introduction of Electronic Document Management System that will ensure:
- Tracking of application,
- Effective communication with applicants on status of the application, and collection,
- Eliminate human interference,
- Enhances document storage system,
- Enhances prompt decision making,
- Ease process flow,
- Provision of conducive processing environment for applicants;
- Provision of effective and compliant address mechanism.
- A 32-page new passport with five years validity period goes for N25,000 ($130)
- A 64-page passport with validity period of five years goes for N30,000 ($150)
- A 64-page passport with 10 years validity period goes for N70,000 ($230)
How to Apply for the New Nigerian Passport
More details here.