Want to apply for a South African visa? Nigerian passport holders require a visa, so these tips will help.
You will need to apply at a VFS Global Centre branch in Abuja, Lagos or Port Harcourt. Always apply for your South African visitor visa at least 4 weeks before your trip for easy processing. I got mine in a week but this is naija though. So read on!
To apply for a South African Visa, you have to first know the types of Visa available. The table below will help:
|Types of South African Visa||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Study Visa||6 – 8 weeks||Duration of study program|
|Medical Treatment Visa||6 days||3 – 6 months|
|Business Visa||6 days||3 months|
|Corporate Visa||6 days||3 months|
|Work Visa||6||3 months|
Applicants are required to submit their applications personally at the VFS South Africa Visa Application centres
On the day of your appointment please plan to arrive 15 minutes early at the Visa Facilitation Centre. Bring your appointment letter, printed online application form, proof of payment and supporting documents, along with a valid passport or travel document.
When you arrive at the Visa Facilitation Centre you will collect a token. Wait until your token is called to make your application. Once the visa application process is completed you will be issued with an acknowledgment receipt. Please keep your receipt safe as you will need this later to collect your documents. The decision will be handed over on submitting this receipt.
Make a clear copy of all the original documents, previous visas and two clear copies of passport data page. The general documents that you must have in order as you apply for a South African visa are as follows:
- An International passport or travel document valid for not less than 30 days after the expiry of your intended visit.Have a valid passport. The applicant must be in possession of a valid passport which expires in no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended date of departure from the Republic.
- A completed form Visa application form. Download here.
- Visa application fee payment. 80 USD to 275 USD (30,000 to 100,000NGN)
- Statement and documentation confirming the purpose and duration of your visit.
- Two colored passport photographs.
- In case you are traveling along with children (minors), you will need to provide the following additional documents:
- Proof of guardianship or custody; OR Consent from the guardian in the case of an unaccompanied minor.
- Proof of financial stability
Complete the visa application form. Download here.
Pay your visa application fee and services fee in CASH at the bank teller counter at the Visa Application Center.
Office Locations for South African Embassy In Nigeria
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I
South Africa Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District, Abuja.
Vineyard Shopping Centre
88 Woji Road, GRA
Monday – Friday
08:00 – 15:00 The South Africa Visa Application Centre (VAC) Lagos will ONLY accept 230 applications inclusive of all categories.
The Passport Collection timing is 10:00 – 16:00 (Monday-Friday except holidays)