5 best Travel Backpacks for Commute and Style. If you’re gearing up for your next adventure and on the lookout for the perfect travel companion, you’re in the right place. We’ve sifted through the sea of backpacks to bring you the absolute cream of the crop – the top 5 travel backpacks that are not just practical but also look darn good. Whether you’re a jet-setter, weekend warrior, or somewhere in between, these backpacks have got your back (literally!)
What makes a good Travel Backpack?
A good travel backpack should adapt to various situations. Look for features like convertible designs, expandable compartments, or removable daypacks for added flexibility.
- Right Size: Don’t get a backpack that’s too big or too small. Look for a backpack with enough capacity to carry your essentials without being too bulky.
- Tough Build: Go for sturdy materials. You don’t want your backpack giving up on you mid-adventure.
- Comfort is Key: Since you’ll be carrying your backpack for extended periods, make sure it has padded shoulder straps and a comfortable back panel. Adjustable straps help distribute weight evenly.
- Smart Organization: A well-organized backpack is a game-changer. Look for one with various compartments and pockets to keep your belongings sorted and easily accessible. This is particularly handy for quick airport security checks.
- Security Check: Keep your stuff safe with lockable zippers or hidden pockets.
- Laptop needs: If you’re a digital nomad or just want to stay connected on the go, a dedicated laptop compartment is a must. Make sure it provides sufficient padding to protect your tech.
- Weather Warrior: You never know when it’ll rain. A water-resistant backpack is like an umbrella for your stuff.
- Look Good: Style matters, too. While not as crucial as functionality, the aesthetics of your backpack matter. Choose a style that suits your taste and complements your travel wardrobe.
- Trustworthy Brand: Stick with brands that have a good rep. A well-reviewed backpack from a reputable brand is more likely to stand up to its promises.
The 5 best Travel Backpacks on our list
1. Harber London City Backpack – £449.00
No, it is not a sponsored post, but oh my god, I am in love with this travel backpack.
The Harber London City Backpack Is Designed To Fit Most 16”, 15” And 13” Laptops. It also fits 13”, 15” and 16” MacBooks as well as Surface, ThinkPad, Dell XPS and other popular laptop brands.
But did you see the price??! It’s expensive, but this is one product that will last you a long long time, and I need to convince myself not to spend my rent on a travel backpack.
2. EVERKI Onyx Premium Business Executive 15.6-Inch Travel Backpack, Ballistic Nylon and Leather, $295
Traveling executives will appreciate the expertly crafted construction, quality materials and intuitive design of the Onyx Backpack. This smartly designed laptop bag features a dedicated compartment for your technology, an RFID-protected pocket for your important documents, along with the premium features you desire in a laptop backpack.
- Durable ballistic nylon. Discreet, easy-access RFID-blocking pocket ideal for securing passport, credit cards, and important docs.
- Lots of pockets, compartments and dedicated spaces for organization.
- Dedicated compartment for a 15.6-inch laptop and 13-inch tablet allows for easy access to devices to breeze through TSA or security checkpoints
I like it. As you can tell by now, this list of best travel backpacks is not for you if you’re on a budget, but as someone who has had just one backpack since 2016, I can appreciate a solid backpack when I see one. And this Everki, is one dope bag.
What can one pack in a travel backpack?
The truth is that there’s no one universal travel checklist, everybody’s checklist should look different. Your destination and the activities you’ve planned should be primary considerations in crafting your perfect packing list. However, the following items are a rough guideline to get you thinking about what you may need to pack. – Source
Other Extras, if you have space include: Hiking Boots, Towel, Waterproof Jacket, extra shoes and one extra pair of clothes.
- Tops and Bottoms, Underwear and Socks
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shampoo, Soap, Deodorant
- Tech and Docs:
- Laptop/Tablet/Phones, Chargers, Passport, Visa, Credit Cards
Have you considered Leather Travel backpacks?
3. Thule Crossover 2 Convertible Laptop Bag 15.6, $243
Perfect for travel or the daily commute, the Thule Crossover 2 Convertible Laptop Bag makes the capable transition from briefcase to backpack a breeze. Made of nylon. Adjustable padded shoulder straps and rugged top-carry handle. Conversion from briefcase to backpack is easy with tuck-away backpack straps and a removable, padded shoulder strap. Dual top zip closures. Front panel features slip pockets, elastic loops, zip mesh pocket, and the PowerPocket cord management system for on-the-go charging.
Main compartment organization features dedicated compartments for documents / magazines. Keep your identity safe with a RFID blocking pocket. Protect a 15″ laptop and a 10″ tablet in a dedicated, padded compartment. Brief / backpack securely attaches to luggage with pass-through panel. Designed with raised rails for additional protection.
4. Topo Designs Global Travel Bag 30L – Black/Black, $189
Your ideal one bag travel companion. The carry-on compliant Global Travel Bag 30L (made with recycled materials) offers 3-way carry options, plenty of internal organization, expandable side water bottle pockets, and an external laptop sleeve for easy access.
The size is perfect for a long weekend getaway. Built for breezing through the concourse, the Global Travel Bag 30L performs perfectly as an agile, durable pack for shorter trips. Compact enough to pass as a carry-on, it’s equipped with a sleeve to allow for easy attachment to a roller suitcase handle.
This is a fine bag!!
5. Monos Metro Backpack, $200
If you like the 1st backpack on our list, the Harber London Commuter Backpack, then you’d love the Monos Metro Backpack.
With a sleek profile and water-resistant nylon twill with vegan leather details, the Metro Backpack is the perfect multi-purpose companion for everyday travel – from daily commutes to weekend trips.
This vegan leather style from Monos has its chic, minimalistic design and can hold so much. The little detachable pouch on the front is great for when you’re on a plane. You can store your necessities in there (skincare, medication, etc.) and just pop it off whenever you need it.
It’s not cheap at $200, but definitely better than $400, above!
Which one of these best backpack for travel and work would you choose?